As we head into our 10th week of doing church and life differently, we pray that these words from Romans 15:13 will encourage you: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Enjoy the long weekend and please note that the Church Office will be closed on Tuesday, May 19 in lieu of Victoria Day!
PASTORAL SEARCH COMMITTEE UPDATE
Thank you again for continuing to pray for the Pastoral Search Committee. We have held several more Zoom meetings as a committee and also further interviews with the potential candidates. We count on your prayers more than ever in the coming days as we are close to final decisions in the selection of the candidate to be the next Lead Pastor for OEFC. We are trusting God for the clarity and unity that we have felt to this point.
We feel the heavy responsibility that we have as a committee and invite you more than ever to be a vital part of this process by praying every day for us. Please pray also for the potential candidates. They are likewise committed to pray with us.
- Enjoy a Hymn Sing in the midst of the current restrictions! It will stream live on Sunday, May 17 at 2pm (use the LiveStream button at www.okotoksefc.ca, or click HERE to view).
- 3G Girls' Club is re-launching virtually on Tuesday night, May 19 (it will stream live at 6:30pm; use the LiveStream button at www.okotoksefc.ca, or click HERE)! This is open to ALL girls in Grades 1-6, even if they weren't in clubs this year. Email [email protected] to receive more information and to have a craft kit delivered before Tuesday night (all girls who were in clubs for 2019-2020 will automatically receive a craft kit).
SABC RIDE FOR A REASON
Camp is raising funds to "send camp home to kids" this year! Registration for the bike ride is only $26 (includes t-shirt) and you choose your distance (20/50/100/160KM) and path. Every rider will receive a fundraising package with videos and templates to help raise money. Ride when you want between June 20 to 27 and log your kilometres. More information and registration at rideforareason.ca (but register this week if you want the t-shirt to arrive in time!).
MISSIONARY OF THE WEEK
Rich & Lynn Peachey, serving with EFCCM in Langley, BC
- Rich as he helps youth leaders across the country to connect and share ideas about youth ministry and to build some relationships that will develop into longer term partnerships encouraging ministry amongst our youth
- Rich’s Zoom meetings with missionaries across the globe
- The mentoring of two couples who hope to go into overseas ministry before the end of the year
- Missionaries seeking to raise support
- Rich & Lynn to be able to complete renovations on their recently purchased home within the 120 day time limit given
- Their aging parents in care homes
CONGREGATIONAL MEETING AND ELECTIONS
Mark your calendar for Monday, June 22, 2020 and plan to attend our next Congregational Meeting. We hope to meet in a gathered manner for our leadership elections (Elders and Finance & Property Committee), Lord willing. If restrictions are still in place, we will hold a virtual meeting.
- Countdown Prayer Time at 9:50am (www.okotoksefc.ca; click “LIVESTREAM")
- Worship Service begins at 10:00am (www.okotoksefc.ca; click “LIVESTREAM")
- Sermon-based study guide HERE
- Family resources (activity sheets, memory verse) to go along with the Kid's Story on Sunday, May 17 HERE
- Let's stay connected as a church body! Selfies, vacation photos, or completed kid's or family projects can be sent to [email protected]
PRAYER & SUPPORT
- Prayer Chain requests can be sent to [email protected] or phoned into the church office (403-938-3311)
- The church is open regular office hours (T-F 8:30am-4:00pm) and staff would love to hear from you! Direct email addresses and phone numbers for staff can be found at www.okotoksefc.ca/staff.
- If you need assistance, have a confidential prayer request for staff only, or just want to talk with someone, please call the church office (403-938-3311) or email OEFC staff at [email protected].
Thanks again for your faithful and generous giving! Online or scheduled giving options can be found HERE. Cash or cheques can be dropped off at the church during regular office hours (T-F 8:30am-4:00pm). Cheques can be mailed to OEFC, 28 Westland Road, Okotoks AB T1S 1T2.